Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Tale of Two Full Water Jugs

Keep reading on to know the significance of this Blog title. This week I lost 6.8 lbs. Total of 83.4 lbs lost. Bringing me down to 442.6 pounds.

This was a tough week. I haven't felt well this entire week. Started last Saturday being up point 2 of a pound. Then Monday & Tuesday I had a horrible asthma attack. When I have to do asthma treatments I get super shaky and jittery. This wrecked my exercise plan for the beginning of the week. But I got back on track.

My wife and I went swimming. I was able to jog and walk a few days during the week. This Saturday we got up early to get our exercise in. San Diego is having a heat wave so we wanted to get our walk in early. Great thing we did.  The heat was in the triple digits. When we finished walking 3.27 miles, my active link was at 120% at 7:30 in the morning. Great feeling.

After our morning walk we headed to the weight watcher meeting. Maria decided to change from Online only to joining me with the monthly pass. She can now go to all the meetings with me. Its fantastic that Maria gets to share this with my journey with me. When she found out I lost what I did I could see the look of pride in her face. She gave me a huge hug and was very happy I had past the 80 pound lost mark.

Its now a new week, a new month and I am still on this journey. Its been a lot harder than I thought. There are many times I want to give up and pig out. Maria keeps me focused and on track. She is such an amazing woman. I am very privileged to be married to her. She has ordered a custom made shirt for me. I can't wear it until I loose 16.6 more pounds. The shirt says I have lost 100 lbs. If I can do it anyone can. I cannot wait to be able to wear that shirt with pride.

If you want to see how it feels to carry 83.4 pounds around, try holding two full 5 gallon water jugs. This is a total weight of 80 lbs. Its a sobering fact that I have lost that much weight. I used to carry it around every where. I didn't think I could change. But look at me now. I know it won't get easier, but I am happy I am losing weight. I want to keep going.

Someone at our Weight Watcher's meeting made a really good point. Point is: There will always be obstacles in our path to being healthy. When we conquer one thing, another thing will always be there to test us. Power is defined in the dictionary as a continuous path of strength. I think, no, I know that I am on the right path. Keep telling yourselves that when you feel like giving up. Remember that a goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline. Lets keep that goal always in front of us and practice our strengths so our weaknesses are further behind us.


Please feel free to comment. Share this blog with who ever will read. Any one that needs to be inspired I hope I can help them. 

The Amazing Shrinking Dude
Todd

Gold 5 pound star for over 80 lbs

Holding the amount I have lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment