Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Blog I don't want to write

Here it goes. I really do not want to write this blog today. I was hoping to have a good post, but it is the opposite. This was a bad weight week for me.

When I walked into my weight watchers meeting today, I was hoping that the scale would be on the negative side. I removed my belt, removed my shoes. I was ready. I stepped on the scale and was told I gained. I heard the price is right failure song in my head. I stepped off the scale and was told I gained 5.6 pounds. I couldn't believe what I heard. I was in shock. I asked if I could step on the scale again, maybe I was leaning on the table. I was trying to reason that I couldn't have gained. On the scale again, told yes it was up. Off the scale, shoes back on, belt re-buckled. I got handed my weight tracker sheet and went to go sit to listen to the meeting.

After I weigh in weekly I text my weight gain/ loss to a select group of family & friends. I was really in disbelief. This week was rough to text everyone. I was sure I would have lost. But still let everyone know. Of-course I was beating myself up. Thinking I am worthless. Thinking I will never hit my goal. Then the text messages started coming back to me. With the loving, uplifting words. I could feel the hugs in the letters on my phone. One message I got back was from my oldest brother "Trying to loss weight and not let life get in the way is tough. My opinion is to start fresh tomorrow." My beautiful wife said the same thing. Put this week behind you, move on, try harder this next week.

Feeling as low as I did today. I can only go UP. I will crawl out from under my depression rock. Get some happy sun shine. Get some needed exercise. I am going to own up to my weight gain. I will try to be more active this week. On Sunday I will get to walk/run over the Coronado Bay Bridge. Its a 4 mile walk. I am really looking forward to being able to take pictures from the top.

Gained 5.6 pounds this week. But down 62.6 pounds total. 5.6 is small compared to what i have done so far.

Thanks you for the support everyone. Please keep the comments coming. They keep me going. The moment I want to give up & I want to stop doing this, everyone that reads this gets me back on track. Please feel free to share this blog with whoever would be interested in reading.

The Amazing Shrinking Dude
Todd

8 comments:

  1. Life happens. Like Weight Watchers says, I'm only human. What is wonderful about WW is that you can start each new meal fresh. I know there are days where you want to say screw it, but you have to look at it from a bigger picture. You are able to do things that were impossible three months ago. It is human nature to be extremely critical of ourselves. Try not to let this gain overshadow any goals you might have. Lets set little goals and we should be able crush numbers next week. After all tomorrow is another day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are ups and downs in life. It is how we all handle that counts. Make the lemonade and keep going. Tomorrow is another day and a new beginning. Get back on the horse and get going. Next week will be better and the sun will still come up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just water weight, dude. just keep goin n u'll be down the amount you "gained" and down even more next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. come on Todd! nothing The Amazing Shrinking and Occasionally Taking A Break Dude can't handle! haha we believe in u!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It happens, man. We've all been there. Weight loss is rarely linear, and we all fall down. If you were going up a flight of stairs, and you tripped on one, would you say "screw it" and quit going up to your destination? Of course not. You'd dust yourself off and keep climbing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gonna be fine...you are doing great. We all have good and bad weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BLAHH, that dreaded moment. One moment, and you are scarred the rest of the evening. Bad news like that seems like it closes off your ears to anything else. It is hard to brush it off. It is hard to say you'll do better when you feel discouraged. I feel ya.. but I totally agree with "Barefoot in the Kitchen"- I feel like it's a biweekly thing. every other week is where you see the numbers change better than just weekly. What's cool about the bad week of numbers though is, after a good night's sleep, don't you feel like you wanna kick butt this week?? :D Do it! Can't wait for you to post pictures of the bridge run!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Son, we are beside you every step of the way. The bridge run was fun and I am ready to do it again with you. you are doing a great job, keep it up. I am willing to help with the depression anything to help.

    ReplyDelete