Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Huge Milestone Achieved

I did it. I hit a huge milestone this week.

I lost 3.4 lbs. Total lost 75.6 lbs. 

That's right. I have lost 75.6 pounds. I am in such amazement that I did it. If you would have told me in December 2012 that I would be down over 75 lbs by June 2013 I would have laughed in your face.

How did I do it?

I have been tracking my food since I started Weight Watchers in January. Even days when I wanted to give up and stop, I tracked. Fast food & soda was my friend before weight watchers. Now Fresh fruit, vegetables and water are my friend. Fast food & soda I consider my enemy now.

Think of it like putting gasoline into your car. If you put horrible cheap gas into the car, the car will not run to its full potential. Once you put better fuel in and get the bad fuel out of the system the car will run much better. That's how I feel. I was eating the bad fuel and not doing what I could. Now I put better fuel into my body and I get incredible results.

I have cranked up my activity since starting Weight Watchers.

Thursday I went swimming with my wife Maria. We swam for one hour. I was able to swim 15 full laps. I swam hard. I would swim to the wall, take a 5 second break and do it again.
Friday we went for a 1 mile walk before going swimming again for an hour. Then after the pool, anther 1 mile walk back to the car.
Saturday we went for a Hike up Cowles Mountain in San Diego. This was a 4 mile hike round trip. We thought it would be just steep. No big deal. But when we hit the trial it was all stairs all the way up. It was insane. We went during the heat of the day. But we conquered the mountain.We made it to the top. It was an incredible view. Well worth the hike.
Sunday we went on a 3.2 mile walk around Rohr Park Golf coarse next to our house.

My support system is amazing. While we were hiking my wife was pushing me to make it to the top. I had random strangers cheering me on. It was a great feeling. My next goal will be to get to the 100 pound mark. I know I will hit that goal.

We will be doing our next 5K in August. This 5K is timed. Must finish in 60 mins. I have been averaging 75 mins. I have 2 months to cut 15 mins off my time. If I push hard, I know I can reach my goal.

On a different note. One draw back about losing 75 lbs, is the excess skin. My skin has become very loose. Mainly under my arms and on my thighs. My arms feel like a flying squirrel with the flaps of skin. That is a minor problem. I can deal with that. I didn't think it would affect me, but it gets in the way a bit.

For extra motivation my wife put pictures of our upcoming trip to Hawaii on our Fridge. This is Mud Bugging. The number one thing I am looking forward too. Off road trails, covered in mud. This is keeping me going. Should be a blast.



I earned my 75 lb charm. Just another one to add to my awesome growing collection. I can't wait to see the 100 pound charm. Today was the last meeting for Weight Watchers at work. I am happy I earned my 75 charm today.


That is my blog for this week. If you have any questions with how I am reaching my goals please ask. Feel free to leave a comment. I love to hear from everyone. If you enjoy reading you can sign up for email updates.

I Lost 75 pounds. If I can, anyone that needs to lose that much can. Stick to your goals. You will hit them. 

Share this blog with anyone that is willing to read. Feel free to leave a comment. 

Todd
The Amazing Shrinking Dude- 75 lbs lighter than I was 21 weeks ago. 



2 comments:

  1. Awesome Todd! Keep it up and you will be at a very healtier weight when we go to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she put those pictures on the fridge. It does look incredibly fun!! Everyone is so proud of you Todd. Keep on flyin into control. :)

    ReplyDelete